The Fair Times Campaign Welcomes New Members of the European Parliament
Together with the pan-European organisations involved in The Fair Times 2019 European elections campaign, the FTAO, IFOAM EU, CIDSE, RIPESS and ECOLISE extend congratulations to all candidates elected to the European Parliament for the 2019-2024 term.
The five civil society networks and their respective members across Europe have joined forces to deliver The Fair Times campaign, using their collective voice to call for a fair and sustainable European production and consumption agenda.
The Fair Times campaign presents a newspaper with a vision of what can be achieved by the end of the next parliamentary term, if action is taken now. The newspaper reports on a range of topics; from organic farming to ethical financing, community led initiatives and sustainable public procurement – highlighting the need to tackle imbalances of power in supply chains, promoting social solidarity business and the need for critical action against resource depletion and the decline in biodiversity.
From France to Slovenia, Poland to Greece, candidates from across Europe have engaged with the campaign and committed to taking action on the various issues presented in the newspaper.
The above-mentioned civil society networks look forward to working with the new Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) to support EU action that puts people and planet at the centre of decision making. With the clock ticking on achieving the commitments made by the EU in the framework of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, we stand ready to work with the next European Parliament to ensure that no one, within or outside the EU is left behind.
To read The Fair Times, and to find out more about the campaign, visit thefairtimes.eu
- ‘The Fair Times’ campaign is possible thanks to the support of the aforementioned partner networks and of the ‘Trade Fair Live Fair’ EC-funded project under the EU Development Education and Awareness-Raising Programme.
- The Fair Trade Advocacy Office (FTAO) leads the global Fair Trade Movement’s advocacy at EU level. Find out more at www.fairtrade-advocacy.org
- IFOAM EU is the European umbrella organisation for organic food and farming. Find out more at www.ifoam-eu.org
- CIDSE is an international family of Catholic social justice organisations. Find out more at www.cidse.org
- RIPESS-Europe is a European network for the Promotion of Social Solidarity Economy. Find out more at www.ripess.eu
- ECOLISE is a European network for community-led initiatives on sustainability and climate change). Find out more at www.ecolise.eu